Friday, April 17, 2015

when I'm a model

when my friend Nidia, who is a terrific make-up artist working for Chanel, told me she would like to have me as a model I was very skeptical. me ? a model ? OMG... but who doesn't want to try being someone else ?
and then the problem : "who is going to shoot me ?" appeared. of course I immediately thought about Charity Thomas. I showed Nidia her work and she liked it too. so once Charity told me she is willing to try we set a date.
 I loved the whole process when you are "changed". everything I don't like about myself Nidia makes art of it : almost no brows - she hid it even more and turned it white ! transparent lashes - she applied yellow mascara ! very pale skin - she made a porcelain effect. I was like a white piece of paper to her and she could do whatever she wanted. her fairy like hands transformed me in a strange doll.
modeling is another problem, I feel stiff and ridiculous, so people who think it's an easy thing to be a model are oh so wrong !... it was raining all along, so it was not helping at all, we were socked but kept on shooting, my hair lost the volume and my make-up started to run away at the end, but I actually love the result !!! Charity knew how to catch some magic moments even with a bad model as I am.
I am very grateful to both artists for their great job, thank you girls !!!
make-up and hair : Nidia V
photographer : Charity Thomas

2 comments:

  1. C'est magnifique ! J'aimerais tellement moi aussi que quelqu'un sache me prendre en photo. Comme toi, je me sens mal à l'aise devant la caméra. Je suis bien plus à ma place derrière l'objectif. Sublime série en tout cas.

    A bientôt,
    Anna.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. merci beaucoup Anna :)
      il faut trouver des gens qui t'apportent de la confiance en soi, ça aide énormément, mais le travail essentiel doit être fait par toi-même !
      joli blog par ailleurs ;)

      Delete