Thursday, March 2, 2017

Marta Bevacqua

I knew and followed Marta Bevacqua's work for several years already and admired her so much, to be honest she is in the top three of my favorite photographers all over the world. I also saw that she was living in Paris and that we were shooting sometimes the same actors/models and working for the same projects but the idea of contacting her and meeting her seemed to me surreal !
There are many people who act this way : they love someone's work but they never say anything to their favorite artists, never write comments to their publications, never even put "likes" because they feel irrelevant and don't want to "bother" and also they might think that the artist is "inaccessible" or even "hostile", they are silent fans. And I was one of them, too.
But something happened... I, myself, received nicest messages from people saying that they loved my work and it touched me deeply, so I decided it was my turn to write to artists I was inspired by.

I proposed Marta to meet and drink I cup of coffee. To my big surprise she said "yes" and we set a date.
It was a cold parisian morning about a year ago. I didn't had any expectations, I just wanted to meet her, to ask few questions about her art and her life.
We started to talk and found many things in common, being two foreigners and artists in Paris helps a lot of course, but not only this, the conversation was smooth and easy, we jumped from one topic to another, we had so many things to share. She had an important appointment that morning so we could only stay about an hour together. But we decided to meet again later.

I guess some kind of magic operated : more we saw each other more we were discovering the same kind of stories in our past, we could speak non stop for hours around cold beers. She introduced me to her amazing boyfriend with who I also immediately felt that warm impression of family, as if the three of us we knew each other since forever.
I can't even think of the fact that if I haven't wrote her many months ago we wouldn't be friends now.

Push ourselves from our confort zones is very important, meet the people we admire is a huge chance and luck. For me the relationships are everything, the meetings we make in life are crucial. Those to who we are connected by some kind of mysterious ropes are everywhere, you just have to find them. And if you feel you have some sort of special bond with someone don't be afraid to tell her/him, the result doesn't really mater ! If it's ment to be it will be, that's all I know. But if you don't give it a try you will never know...

Marta became even more of a huge source of inspiration to me because now I can see her human vulnerable side, and struggles that she is having sometimes don't stop her from moving forward, her talent and determination are contagious.
And of course, more over all, she is my close friend now and I can share everything with her without ever being judged or misunderstood, I've found a precious beautiful soul.

Those are pictures I took of her last Summer :

1 comment: